Madsen Wire Products has been in business since 1938 fabricating wire parts and shipping them throughout Indiana, the Midwest and across the entire United States. We have led the way as the Midwest wire manufacturing company that you can trust to deliver quality wire parts. We make wire shelves and racks, wire baskets, welded wire assemblies, wire guards, wire store fixtures and much more! We serve the commercial restaurant, grocery and bakery market along with retail point of purchase, automotive, industrial, lawn and garden and much more.
In this position, you will design innovative custom metal products, and develop and implement manufacturing methods and processes. You will be responsible for developing cost-effective manufacturing routings. If you are a team-player, looking for an opportunity to work hard, solve problems, and gain unique insight into the rapidly changing world of American Manufacturing, please apply
- Use Solidworks to design products and recommend changes in designs, tolerances or processing methods.
- Complete projects on time, based on the engineering and production schedule.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing and direct production.
- Perform product inspections that adhere to quality standards set by Madsen Steel and/or clients
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs, using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, and quality control standards
- Understanding of mechanical engineering principles
- Computer aided design (CAD) software
- Interpreting mechanical drawings, designs and models
- Production and processing – knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Experience with SolidWorks, AutoDesk Inventor, or a comparable 3D modeling software
- Flexibility and ability to handle and prioritize several activities/projects at once
- Experience in fabricated metal products is a plus
- Ability to improve Madsen Steel’s manufacturing process is a definite plus
- Problem solving, project management and analytical skills, ability to utilize sound business judgment
- Ability to strategically think and analyze the needs of clients
- Experience creating drawings for and programing CNC equipment
- Grace under pressure and the ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent planning, time management, and organizational skills